Re: what does Grant to Heat mean to Celtics?

Still, Theresa, they just signed Kurt Thomas to a pretty big contract, and
he's strictly a power forward. They have LJ, who spends a lot of time at
power forward because they have Houston and Sprewell at SG and SF. Plus,
they have Ewing, Camby and Dudley. I just see Fortson getting lost in the
shuffle, just like he did here.

I am convinced Danny is a guy who will put up big rebounding numbers on bad
teams, because playing for bad teams is the only way he'll get big minutes.
His defense is poor (how will that play in NY?), and he's too foul-prone. I
just don't see the fit for the Knicks, but what the hell do I know? I can
see him going to Golden State, where he only has to fit in the mix with the
incredibly bad Warriors front line-Dampier, Jamison, Foyle. Ugh. He'll get
minutes there, at least until he fouls out.

Anyway, that's why I'm surprised by the Knicks' interest. I know they need
rebounding, but if they trade for Fortson for that reason, they will be
making the same mistake Pitino did last year. "We need rebounding-let's
trade for Danny Fortson!" That's fine, if you're willing to sacrifice
defense, offense and constant foul trouble from that spot. The reason the
Knicks need rebounding is because they're playing two shooting
guards-Houston and Sprewell; and no small forwards. They also play a SF at
PF (Johnson). Is Fortson going to take minutes away from Thomas, Camby, LJ
or Ewing? I can't see it.

Mark

P.S. Another suggestion-if the Knicks really want Fortson, make them take
Kenny, too. Maybe they're desperate enough to do it at this point, if they
only have to give up Childs or Strickland.