Re: what does Grant to Heat mean to Celtics?

I'd argue the success rate for undersized, unathletic power forwards is even
lower, Joe. Fortson, Corliss Williamson, Tractor Traylor, Kenny Thomas,
Kenny Walker, John Thomas, Rodney Rogers (coming around), Randy Woods, Byron
Houston, just to name a few. And you can't just discount Garnett, Bender and
Swift. McCarty was a late first-round pick, so I'd say expectations for him
were pretty low to begin with. And ask Milwaukee right now if they would
rather have Keon Clark (or Jermaine O'Neal) or Tractor Traylor. Plus, you're
forgetting guys like Rasheed Wallace, Antonio McDyess, Theo Ratliff and
Shawn Kemp, and discounting the value of a guy like Camby. You dismiss
Camby, yet I've seen his name linked to Brian Grant and Kemp this
season-while Fortson is worth little more than Chris Childs or Vinny Del
Negro (in other words, he's worth more to the C's if he just walks). There's
a reason Pitino traded him for Alvin Williams and Sean Marks-it was the best
offer he had, and it still beats any offer we've seen to this point.

Generalizations are dangerous. Has Battie been a bust? Yes. Has Tractor
Traylor? Yes. Does that say anything about the success or failure of players
of their body types? Not at all.

Mark