The Draft and Summer Leagues

IMO, this draft has only a few guys who will make a big impact next
year. Only guys like Kenyon Martin, Marcus Fizer, Mateen Cleaves, and
Courtney Alexander have a lot of experience and are close to fully
developed. The other guys are definitely works-in-progress.

After the first 3 picks, I think the rest of the round will be very close
in talent. The 8 pick is not going be very different from the 20
pick. Therefore, I think if we have an opportunity to trade down a little
and unload a contract or two, we should take it. Guys like Cleaves and
Guyton will still be around at 16 or 17 I bet. I'm sure Pitino would love
Quentin Richardson as a big defensive guard who can go to the rim strong,
although he would not help our outside shooting woes.

Remeber we also have our 2nd round pick if I have seen it right #39 I
believe. I really think we can get a guy here who slips down who can make
the team. We could possibly pick up a player like Eddie House from Arizona
St., a small forward like Gabe Muoneke from Texas, or a center like Dan
McClintock from Northern Arizona (could be a steal, a legit 7'0, 31 inch
vert, feel for the game, good shooting touch). Watch out for McClintock as
a big-time sleeper.

We need to bring in our 2 draft picks and invite Kris Clack and Wayne
Turner to our summer league and let these guys battle it our for the final
roster spots. Also bring in a few free agents. Let them earn it like
Adrian Griffin did last summer. Let them show who really belongs here.