Re: The Draft

>Would you do Walker/Pots for Mutombo and
>a No. 1? Or Mutombo and Terry? I don't know. Maybe.
>
>All just speculation, but as has been said, it's all we have left.
>
>Mark

If you were to tell me that there was no way that Pierce was ever going to
be moved, or that his trade value had fallen off the face of the earth,
then I'd say trade Antoine. Now, concerning the Antoine for Dikembe and a
draft pick or Jason Terry? No, but I think you're getting very warm and
"maybe" is probably the best answer. But I've always thought that while
Dikembe was a terrific defensive player he's a liability on the offensive
end, and I mean a "liability." I've always thought that his serious lack of
offensive moves/offensive game, and his painful inability to pass/handle
the ball just killed his team's offense. Now, I could be totally wrong
about this, but you add Mutombo and Jason Terry minus Antoine and I think
this team has a really tough time putting up points. I think they suddenly
becomes easier to defend and I'm not sure you still don't have people
lighting them up every night from the outside. But like I said...I could be
all wrong. I'm not sure. I think if you trade Antoine you have to get
something better than Mutombo and Jason Terry, who I've never been that
high on, or Mutombo plus an unproven draft pick. But....unless Ricky has
pictures of some gm in a motel room with an unusually caring donkey, I
don't see anything short of trading Walker or Pierce helping this team
significantly. Anyway....I guess I just don't like Mutombo as much as I
should, perhaps, or obviously as much as everyone else on this list.

Paul M.