Re: The Draft

If you trust everything you read or hear about the Celtics' draft plans (and
that's dangerous), it sounds like they're fitting Morris Peterson for a
jersey already. Big, defensive-minded, athletic guard with some polish who
can help right away-sounds exactly like Peterson, and he's a guy who
probably figures in that 9-12 range. Of course, all this is subject to
change pending personal workouts. And let's not forget that Pitino has been
aggressive at draft time-remember the Pippen/Olowokandi/Bender rumors? He
hasn't had a lot to show for it, but he's shown he's always willing to try.

Now, if Peterson does end up being the guy, he'd be a nice fit. He'd allow
Pierce to slide back to SF eventually and bring some much needed shooting
and athleticism to the team. Of course, that's assuming no other major
changes-but I for one and hoping this team changes a lot more than just
adding the 10th pick in the draft.

Also, does this Walker-Mutombo rumor have any basis in reality. One of the
New England columnists referred to it and I've seen it tossed around on the
news group, but is there any substance there? That's a good topic for
discussion. I know some on this list would trade Walker for bus fare, but
what would you think of a Walker-Mutombo deal? Personally, I'd rather deal
Pierce, but let's say it's Walker. Would you do Walker/Pots for Mutombo and
a No. 1? Or Mutombo and Terry? I don't know. Maybe.

All just speculation, but as has been said, it's all we have left.

Mark