Pitino to NJ?

I believe that the most interesting rumor in the herald article that Kevin
posted was the following:

>The Pitino rumors, meanwhile, are not confined strictly to the college
>ranks. It's being reported that the New Jersey Nets have Pitino high on
>their list to replace Don Casey, who will likely be fired at season's
>end.
>Nets ownership tried unsuccessfully to lure to Pitino to New Jersey in
>1996
http://www.bostonherald.com/sport/basketball/cside04052000.htm

Think about New Jersey's personnel: Keith van Horn, one of the players about
whom Pitino was crying about missing in the draft, and Stephon Marbury, who
(if I remember correctly) Pitino has said is a player tailor made for his
system. Sure, they can't get along, but that just makes it all the more
"challenge" for Rick. Factor in how small NJ is (playing Kendall Gill at the
SF) and the potential return of Jayson Williams and it sounds like a Pitino
sort of situation - lots of "controlled chaos" with one stud at the point
(Marbury) and another on the boards (Williams?).

Think we can get a 1st round pick for letting Pitino to go to the
swamplands? Maybe a couple second-rounders?

-TomM