The game against Charlotte

My daughter and I drove down to Charlotte last night to see the game.  This
is the first time I have seen the C's, and it was worth it, even if they
lost, and even if we got home around 2:00 am!

A.W. pulled some stunts that really bothered me, most dealing with
refs.  He complained about a call in the first half, while Coleman drove to
the basket and scored.  Then during the next timeout (it may have been the
1st quarter break) he spent the entire break talking with an official.  The
captain ought to be in the huddle, not off to the side in a useless
argument with the ref.   Close to the end of the game, with the C's only
down by 3, Coleman got wide open under the rim, while AW stood at
midcourt.  He was fouled (Pierce I think) and made a 3-point play.

Who would have eve guessed that a Pitino led team would play such pathetic
defense?  I remember his first game as coach of the Celtics.  They
interviewed Cousy in the stands, and he said it was the most defense he had
seen the C's play in a dozen years.  Where did it go?

Also a point about Fortson: He is the only C who goes after rebounds.  The
other will fight hard for a rebound that comes off the rim where they are
standing.  This guy goes where the ball is.  However, I think that great
talent is wasted if he cannot develop a "back to the basket" move or two,
and a consistent 15 foot jumper. The guy can't jump!