Re: Kevin Willis Update

Well, sure, most likely Willis was at the Ryder cup
or visiting friends or relatives.

As far as the trades go, I was approaching it from Pitino's desperate
perspective. The all-consuming need to make the playoffs to
validate his skills as a coach and GM. So, he may be willing to
overpay to achieve that goal. I think it's a certainty that
he'll acquire some veteran presence before the deadline. It's
just a matter of how much he's going to be willing to give up
in the transaction and how much value he places on his own
players. If Pitino isn't all that high on Battie, and what makes
anyone think he is, then Tony could end up being dealt with
a pick for a veteran like Willis, or preferably someone
younger. This happens all the time in baseball. Teams give up
prospects for that veteran to get them into the post season,
and I can see the same situation being analogous to the Celtics
this year.

Concerning Walker: If he doesn't show up in shape for camp, then
there's going to be a real meltdown between Pitino and him, and in
that case, I can see Pitino moving him out for the best deal at the
moment, even if it's only 75 cents on the dollar...
Ray