Re: Pitino's Coaching Style

> My prediction and guess would be his style now wouldn't really work in the
> NBA...period!  Wasn't it obvious in the first two years???!!!

He showed a 21 game improvement in his first year. In his second year,
the team didn't play "his style" due to the lockout. They didn't press
or run much for most of the season.

> He had a
> balanced team when he was in NY.  A dominant center, shooters and slashers
> and a terrific PG in Mark jackson (was Strickland there too???)

Again, the team improved drastically when he came and declined when he left.
Jackson's production dropped precipitously after Pitino left. It's
interesting how if a team doesn't win, it's the coaching, but if it does
win (like Pitino did in NY), it's the personnel.