Re: Bowen Joins Iverson's Posse

At 11:01 AM 9/17/99 -0700, Roy Enrile wrote:

>Bowen would be a defensive stopper on any team.

>Bad move for Pitino.

I disagree. Did you watch Bowen this past season?? I loved his play in
season one and looked forward to his being brought in to the game. I don't
know what transpired between years 1 and 2 but he was not the same player .
His FG% went from .409 to .289  Free Throw %  .623 to .467    Three
Point%  .339 to .250
Rebounding dropped only slightly  from  2.9 to 2.4 and his assists went up
also slightly from 1.37 to 1.59
Now he played in fewer games due to the shortened season and his lack of
effectiveness. I think we will due fine with the new acquisitions and while
he will undoubtedly have his best games against the Celts we will not miss
him that much if at all IMO. Just my thoughts and YMMV.Later.Mike