Re: On Hoops (GM) Article Ranks C's 4th Best For Off-Season Moves

>>What about all the shots Walker took that he couldn't make.  (we
>>have been over the types a thousand times).  Mercer seems to be getting a
>>lot of sh*t since he left.  He is gone forget about him.
>
>Yes, we have been over Antoine's shot selection a thousand times, that's
>very astute of you.  So, no need to beat that dead horse.  Mercer, however,
>got a largely free ride by the Boston media for his two years with the team,
>so maybe it's about time his shortcomings were discussed (this list being
>somewhat ahead of that curve).  Otherwise what you end up with is a lot of
>casual fans who only read the papers and think that the Celtics traded an
>all-star and got Eric Williams in return.

Thanks.  I'm finally astute ;)   I know we have discussed the selection.  I'm
trying to figure out why Mercer keeps being brought up.  He is gone, let him
go.
>>A question for the Walker (major) backers, Whose fault will it be this year
>>if /Walker doesn't change and keeps taking stupid shots?
>I think you've heard some of Antoine's biggest appologists on this list
>saying that this is a make or break year for him.  What more do you want?

I have heard the people saying this, but I would be willing to bet, that if
walker has a bad year, most of the backers will find excuses.  Personally I
hope he has a good year it would be nice to talk play instead of Walker's
shortcomings.

>Do you want to be able to continue to crucify him for an outstanding rookie
>year, an all-star 20 point/10 rebound second year, and a dissappointing
>third year, while making sure not to hurt Ron Mercer's feelings? After all,
>that article was about evaluating the Celtic's offseason moves.  Isn't it
>fair to evaluate Mercer's game as part of that?  You Walker bashers want to
>turn everything into a conversation about his shot selection.
>
>Jim

But why bring up Mercer at all.  They weren't Evaluating the move, they were
blaming Mercer for Walker's play.  Mercer shot a better percentage but he's
taking shots he can't make and Walker isn't.  He didn't chuck up three's, but
did take sime of the worst shots of drives I have ever seen.  It just sounds
like an excuse for Walker's play.  Couple of things 1)  I don't care about
Mercer's feelings.  2) I am not a basher per se.  I agree Walker has
potential, but a lot of people take potential to their grave.  I'm running out
of time (I have to pick up my kids)  We can continue tomorrow.

Rich,,,