Re: On Hoops (GM) Article Ranks C's 4th Best For Off-Season Moves

>From: RSMALL@clarku.edu
>
>What about all the shots Walker took that he couldn't make.  (we
>have been over the types a thousand times).  Mercer seems to be getting a
>lot of sh*t since he left.  He is gone forget about him.

Yes, we have been over Antoine's shot selection a thousand times, that's
very astute of you.  So, no need to beat that dead horse.  Mercer, however,
got a largely free ride by the Boston media for his two years with the team,
so maybe it's about time his shortcomings were discussed (this list being
somewhat ahead of that curve).  Otherwise what you end up with is a lot of
casual fans who only read the papers and think that the Celtics traded an
all-star and got Eric Williams in return.

>A question for the Walker (major) backers, Whose fault will it be this year
>if /Walker doesn't change and keeps taking stupid shots?

I think you've heard some of Antoine's biggest appologists on this list
saying that this is a make or break year for him.  What more do you want?
Do you want to be able to continue to crucify him for an outstanding rookie
year, an all-star 20 point/10 rebound second year, and a dissappointing
third year, while making sure not to hurt Ron Mercer's feelings? After all,
that article was about evaluating the Celtic's offseason moves.  Isn't it
fair to evaluate Mercer's game as part of that?  You Walker bashers want to
turn everything into a conversation about his shot selection.

Jim