Stocked

Watching last nite's game gave me a glimpse into what Pitino is trying to
build in Boston. He has a stocked bench and many of the bench players
aren't that much of a drop off from the starters. Add to it that the second
unit plays a different style (more pressing and trapping, less one-on-one
on offense) and you have a really good (not great, not top) NBA team when
performing at peak.

With injuries happening as they do, I was salivating over the list of
players from other teams that were hurt until I learned our own Fort was
hurt with a hurt foot....say that 10 times fast. Stocking the bench as RP
has done is a good thing in this injury-riddled NBA.

The talent level in the NBA has gone down and I believe that the Celtics
will do well BECAUSE of their bench. Williams, Battie, McCarty and Barros
can give you an energy boost as well as points off the bench. I think
Waltah has really improved his shot and I think Battie will have a break
through year. With Pervis as the surprise contributor (I'll take it for as
long as it lasts) and Cheaney (mr. foul out) hopefully coming around to
provide solid minutes, we could win some games simply by wearing the other
team out. Our 11th and 12th guys don't screw up when in the game (that's
all we can ask, right?).

I'll take our bench over most. Any of stat-happy folks want to stack our
bench against other Eastern foes?

I was happy with last night's game. There seem to be enough scorers to make
up for Antoine's off nights. Oy and the passing last night......where's the
COUS? He'll be thrilled.

Theresa