>Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 16:40:47 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Josh Ozersky <josh_ozersky@yahoo.com>
>Subject: Forston out for first six weeks

>Danny has a stress fracture in his foot.  Will miss
>8-12 weeks, I think they said.  This might be a
>blessing in disguise, as it will allow the players to
>gel, and then he will slip in to a structured
>environment.  Expect Williams and Walker to start for
>the first month and a half?

I agree with this -- I don't think losing Fortson will be a
disaster, assuming he *is* available by January.

The C's have a logjam in the front court with:

Eric Williams
Antoine Walker
Danny Fortson
Vitale Potapenko
Tony Battie
Pervis Ellison

With the exception of Ellison, all of those guys should be getting big
minutes.  With three front court positions, there are 48 * 3 = 144 minutes
available.  With Fortson out, and Pervis averaging, say, 12 minutes, that
leaves 33 minutes for everyone else.  That doesn't seem too bad -- I'm
sure all of them want even more.

If Fortson were out for the season I'd be at the liquor store stocking up
for a long season, but I think the C's can hold their own for two months
then get a nice boost from getting Danny back.  Hopefully he'll come
back with a better vertical leap when he's not pushing off a broken foot.

Dan