Re: Would You Trade Kenny Anderson For Latrell Sprewell?

In a message dated 10/15/99 4:06:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
wayray@ix.netcom.com writes:

<< - He's a tremendous force on the court...........when not on suspension
and I can envision a few of them in Boston.
 - He will only be here for one year........then what? where would we be with
the cap?
If Fotson and/or Battie were resigned we'd still be over it - wouldn't we?
 - Pitino needs to make the playoffs....adding a ball hog probably not the
answer and then who plays point?  Barros & Turner?
 - Pitino needs to dump Anderson's contract....yes but with the cap
restraints what then?
 - He'll make the Celtics a better team....more dangerous yes? (especially in
a dark alley) but better?  I'm not sure.  I can see a very volatile chemistry
ready to explode.
 - And there's always someone else willing to trade for him....maybe not
after more suspensions and another assault on a coach.  Unless it's for cap
reasons during the season and then it would negate most of your other reasons.

I don't want anything to do with this self-absorbed problem child.  Why do
you think the Knicks want to deal him after last year's playoff run?  I'd
give them Kenny for Childs and a healthy Dudley because that would at least
give us someone else to play the point and to back up at center.  Trading
Kenny for nothing would only help Gaston's budget.  We'd really have to hope
Turner could be the steal of the draft (for the past decade!).

George