Re: Post scoring?

Well, there are certainly successful offenses that don't
run their offense through a post player; most notably those
based on the pick and roll, or on a penetrating point
guard, or multiple screens for a shooter (Philly).
"Inside-out" is only one way to play basketball. You have
to tailor your offense to the personnel. Your opinion may
certainly differ but in my eyes, the Celtics personnel isn't
best suited for a steady diet of this sort of offense.

Some post players just aren't meant to have an
offense run through them; you need a post player that
has good hands and passes well as well as being a scoring
threat, which is something that all the players you mention
have (Olajuwon, Sabonis, Mason). Personally, I just don't
think Vitaly has what it takes to be this sort of player.

I do think that Vitaly has some nice offensive low post
moves and that he should get the ball a fair share of
the time. But honestly, I think you'll see him bust out
a low post move in an attempt to score, rather than
create something with passing, unless they double team.
He's just not a wonderful natural passer or ball handler.
If he proves me wrong, that'll be wonderful. Still, to be
most effective, I feel like the Celtics are going to have
to employ a variety of offensive plays, including having
Kenny penetrate, exploiting individual mismatches with
Paul and Antoine, using Antoine's ability to create facing
the basket, and screening for Paul, as well as giving it
to Vitaly inside.

Alex