Re: Post scoring?

Well, Alex is smart, but he's wrong on this.  It's a
mistake to suppose you need an all-star center to run
an offense through.  That is the essential part of the
center's role as the game is meant to be played.  Even
if you center is Acie Earl, you should be moving a
halfcourt offense through him.  He shouldn't be
passing only on double teams, and he doesn't have to
be a dominant scorer.  But he is like the catcher in
baseball, and controls a major part of the action.
Vitaly is wasted just being used as horsemeat/goon
work.  He needs touches more than most players, and he
is very unselfish.  Watch how Anthony Mason passes out
of the post, or Hakeem Olajuwon, and you will see what
I mean.  If only a Sabonis can pass from the center
position, then basketball is doomed.

=====