Re: (no subject)

Hi Tim: What you write regarding UK is reassuring and sounds v. informed, so
thanks. And yes, there's no question we should know better by now than to
overreact about ANY exhibition game. If only I could see any use for this 5-man
opening lineup, even in uncommon situations (I suppose the same lineup but with
Battie replacing Fortson might make sense against some 3-guard lineups). It just
strikes me as strange.

IMO, unless something bizzaro is going on, Rick Pitino shouldn't "reward"
Fortson by giving him a start at center (as was reported in his press
conference)...It seems to me he should rather reward Fortson by letting him
finally be able to pick on guys his own size at forward. It's looking to me like
Pitino views Fortson and Potapenko as fighting for the starting center job (with
the woefully undersized Fortson "surprisingly" outplaying Pots so far, just as
he did last year against Keon Clark when LaFrentz went down, and the year before
against "El Busto"). The loser of this daily center battle during camp is IMO
actually at risk of backing up not just the starter but also our other true
center (Pervis), as happened last night. For many reasons, this may certainly be
an irrational and paranoid opinion. In this sense, you better believe I hope I'm
completely nuts. :-)

Cheers,

Joe

*****