Re: Last night

I agree with your starting lineup, Ode. Either Fortson or Battie should be the
PF, period. Cheaney should never start except in case of injury. I can't
understand what Pitino was thinking ... maybe nervous about throwing Pierce in
at a new position too soon? (Did Pierce play the two at all?? I'm curious to know.)

Starters:
1 - Kenny
2 - Pierce
3 - Walker
4 - Fortson or Battie
5 - Pots

Reserves:
1 - Dana
2 - Cheaney
3 - Williams
4 - Battie

Scrubs:
1 - Turner
2 - Griffin or Washington
3/4 - Walter

I'd prefer to see Fortson starting because everyone talks about our need for
rebounding. But Ray also thinks we need a shotblocker, and Tony's our only one
(barring a miraculous streak of health by Pervis). People also liked the
Battie/Vitaly frontcourt pairing last year, and it makes sense, kind of like a
Geiger/Ratliff combo. Maybe Danny would be best off the bench, as we really
don't have any second unit rebounders, whle Vitaly, Antoine and Pierce all can
hit the glass well enough.

The bottom line, however, is that if the Celtics really want to maximize their
resources, Danny and Battie will get close to equivalent minutes, and
sometimes play alongside with Tony at center.

Vitaly: 30 mins
Fortson: 30 minutes
Battie: 15 minutes at PF alongside Vitaly; 15 minutes at C alongside Fortson.