Re: Mercer : Give me the ball!

Hi Jimbo:
My admittedly biased take on this is that when a player like Mercer jacks up 28
shots, you end up losing to the Bulls.

Still I do wish Mercer (and Chauncy) well in Denver. Mercer could have a
productive and lucrative career up there, but not necessarily help his team win.
The whole history of that franchise suggests they grade the success of a trade
by how many points per game they receive in exchange for how many they give up.
In this sense, Mercer for Fortson constitutes a "heist". From Walter Davis to
Alex English, they've always had some great and elegant scorers on miserable
teams. One of these days, they'll figure out that you have to know how to win
the ugly games in order to win championships, and that young kids like Fortson
tend to be part of the solution, not part of the problem.

*****