Re:Expectations

Jim Menino stated this and more..

<...  I watched both games, and I don't know what to think.  As I watched the
Bucks hit, what was it 14-18 field goals in the fourth quarter, I was
thinking, "well this team is just on fire and there's nothing you can do about
it".  I mean, the Celtics seemed to be playing defense.  Robinson, Allen and
Cassell made some very difficult shots look easy. Guys were hitting with hands
in their faces, aside from the usual assortment of layups given up once the
pressing starts.>

I was at that game and that how it looked to me as well.

What was new at this game (with the Buck's) was the constant heckling going on
of the opposing team by "fans" in the front rows, behind the bench.  I've
never seen seen anything like this at a Celt's game before.  Cassell heard it
and it appeared to motivate him.  He in turn motivates the whole team.

On the other hand, from my vantage point the first 20 min. of the game were
some of the finest basketball I've seen played in years by the Celtics.  It
was a joyful experience.  This team still has some growing to do, but there
will be more nights of wonderful basketball ahead as well as watching them
crumple at the end of a game.  The players are not mentally tough enough yet,
as compared to the Bird's, Cowens etc... that many of us are used to.  They
have players who can add some of that and they have some that may grow into
that.  But IMHO they are not there and won't be for a few years with this
current roster.

In till then, enjoy the good games and forget the bad games.

<Jim