RE: Denver Pick

John,

The Denver pick is not available until at least the 2001 draft. The C's then
have the option to take it in either 2001, 2002, 2003, or 2004.

In 2001, it is Top 5 protected. In 2002, it is Top 3 protected. In 2003, it
is protected if it is the #1 pick in the draft. In 2004, there are NO
restrictions to it.

I think the C's need to get a legit backup PG ASAP to jump start the 2nd
unit
and see how what that does to overcome the current dilemma of losing big
leads. Utah needs some punch to their 2nd unit with the defection of
Anderson
to the Rockets. I don't know how the salaries shake out but Eric Williams
and
McCarty or Williams and the C's pick in 2001 for Jacque Vaughan and Adam
Keefe (who is mired deep at the end of Jerry Sloan's bench) couldn't hurt.
Conlon's contract isn't guaranteed so if the C's had to do a 1-player and a
pick for a 2-player trade they could still accept another player.

Bummer !

We do need a backup point, but I do not see Vaughn helping. I would like to
get a veteran like Steve Nash, or Chris Whitney, but it probably won't
happen. I would even take a guy like God Shamgod averaging 8 assists a game
in the CBA.

I don't think Williams has played well enough for anyone to take his
contract.

Unless Fortson can help I think we still really need a defensive 4 or 5 and
a backup 2/3 like a Rex Chapman, Johnny Newman, Kendall Gill,etc.