Griffin

Josh O wrote:
> Uh, this doesn't sound like such a hot idea to me.  In
> fact, it's a recipe for disaster.
>
> 1)  Antoine would really resent it, and as his posse
> egged him on, it would become an issue that disrupted
> team chemistry
>
> 2)  You need somebody to stabilize that unit; Walker
> needs players to stabilize him.  Admittedly, it would
> be great if he did his Big O routine, but he would
> probably consider himself the designated scorer.
>
> 3)  We need him on the first team.
>
> - --- Michael Joseph Byrnes
> <mbyrnes@leland.Stanford.EDU> wrote:
> >
> > ... why not start him and move Walker into the 6th
> > man role?  Walker might

I'd kind of like to see Griffin there to stabilize the 2nd unit.
He won't be unhappy there, as he's just happy to be playing in the NBA
at all.  He'll help with whatever the 2nd unit needs help with.  Lately
he's been getting a lot of rebounds.  When Fortson returns, they won't
need that rebounding on the first unit anymore, but they will on the
second unit.  He'll bring control and smart play to the often wild second
unit.

Also, one thing I've been wondering about is when are the Celtics going
to sign Griffin to a contract extension?  This guy is too good to let him
go.  We've got to sign him up long-term.  I think they should do it now
before everyone in the league knows how good he is and his price goes up.
As a non-starter, his value will be slower to go up in the minds of other
teams.

Jon Mc