Re: Thanks for nothing ESPN

I don't see the logic of worrying about the Chicago game. In the East I
think we're the 3rd or 4th best team as of now. I see 8-6 for December and
with Forston coming back and if we stay fairly healthy we should weather
the storm. March and April are looking very nice for us. With the exception
of a few teams there's much parity in the East (weak). The Chicago game
will be long out of our thoughts. Give Overton the minutes, keep Anderson
healthy at least no long disabilities and we'll surpass any expectations.
They weren't any anyway. Who could forsee Anderson coming around and
Griffin's meteor coming to Boston.

At 08:39 AM 11/20/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Curious if nothing else; at least the Fakers are mentioned in the same
breath, and they didn't mention our Pistons debacle either.

>"Bad losses"
>
>There are bad losses and then there are bad losses. The Spurs losing to
Milwaukee is not a bad loss. Lakers in Denver is not a bad loss. Toronto
laying an egg in Washington is bad, but not worthy of being called putrid.
There are, however, two losses that we've seen so far that we would kindly
call abominable. Can't happen. No excuse.

>Boston losing to Chicago is horrible. Sure, the Bulls are going to win
some games, but the Celtics weren't supposed to be one of them. In two
months when the Bulls have five total wins and the Celts are trying to win
half their games they'll look back at Nov. 13 when they lost to the Bulls
without Toni Kukoc.

>The other loss we need to spotlight was Minnesota's to the Clippers on
Wednesday. The Clippers didn't have Maurice Taylor or Derek Anderson. Only
one person off the bench played more than six minutes. Brian Skinner and
Troy Hudson played 72 minutes! And the Timberwolves, with MVP candidate
Kevin Garnett (23 points, 20 rebs) and supposedly enough talent to make the
playoffs and make noise, still lost. That's weak.

>Some of you who write in point out that it's just one game. Certainly a
legit argument, but it's also a sign of a bigger problem, whether it's
motivational or a lack of talent or a weakness. Sure, bad teams are going
to upset good teams as the season goes on, but some games you just can't
lose, mainly at home or to Chicago anywhere.