Thanks for nothing ESPN

Curious if nothing else; at least the Fakers are mentioned in the same breath, and they didn't mention our Pistons debacle either.

"Bad losses"

There are bad losses and then there are bad losses. The Spurs losing to Milwaukee is not a bad loss. Lakers in Denver is not a bad loss. Toronto laying an egg in Washington is bad, but not worthy of being called putrid. There are, however, two losses that we've seen so far that we would kindly call abominable. Can't happen. No excuse.

Boston losing to Chicago is horrible. Sure, the Bulls are going to win some games, but the Celtics weren't supposed to be one of them. In two months when the Bulls have five total wins and the Celts are trying to win half their games they'll look back at Nov. 13 when they lost to the Bulls without Toni Kukoc.

The other loss we need to spotlight was Minnesota's to the Clippers on Wednesday. The Clippers didn't have Maurice Taylor or Derek Anderson. Only one person off the bench played more than six minutes. Brian Skinner and Troy Hudson played 72 minutes! And the Timberwolves, with MVP candidate Kevin Garnett (23 points, 20 rebs) and supposedly enough talent to make the playoffs and make noise, still lost. That's weak.

Some of you who write in point out that it's just one game. Certainly a legit argument, but it's also a sign of a bigger problem, whether it's motivational or a lack of talent or a weakness. Sure, bad teams are going to upset good teams as the season goes on, but some games you just can't lose, mainly at home or to Chicago anywhere.