Re:

Hi Gil,

Evidently when the Rockets called Pitino to ask about Rhodes, he
praised him so their relationship seems to be OK. I seem to remember
Pitino giving Rhodes a hug at a Rockets' game during his rookie
season. But I don't think he really has point guard skills that
would help our team - a guy that's been playing the NBA point guard
position for seven years like Overton is going to be a better bet
than a third year slasher who has never been a true point in his
life, like Rhodes.

I think that a lot of people on the list are underestimating what
it takes to be an NBA point guard. There's a reason why good point
guards are coveted - it's not easy! It's not like anybody who shows
decent ballhandling and passing skills (like Griffin) can be an
NBA point guard. Newspaper columnists are very guilty of this too,
like when they kept pushing for a Sprewell-Houston backcourt for
NY last year.

Alex