Re: How do we keep Griffen

>From: Josh Ozersky <josh_ozersky@yahoo.com>
>
>This is a good question.  Similar circumstances caused
>to the Lakers to lose Travis Knight (what a shame!)  I
>think the answer is that we have to make some kind of
>handshake, under-the-table deal with Griffin.

Can they use one of their exceptions on him?  I don't think he'll be so
coveted that 2 million a year won't satisfy him.  Also, I want to say that
there is a club option for a second year, but I'm not sure.  Rick seems to
do this as a matter of course with his PHD's, in exchange for the first year
being guaranteed.  Seems like a smart move, if that was what was actually
done.

Jim