Re: Antoine

Michael Gooen wrote:
> I don't exactly pity Antoine -- he is, after all, a 23
> year old who gets paid nearly $12 million a year to
> play a game.  But I do not think he's deserved the
> ridicule he's received in the media nor the boos he's
> heard from the fans.  Now that he's shown signs of
> turning a very important corner in his career, I hope
> Celtic fans will make every effort to show him their

I think Antoine deserved the boos last year and he deserves
cheers for his first 2 or 3 games this year.  In the last
game and a half he's starting to show poor decision making again,
but at least he's not showing laziness or selfishness (yet).

Last year he deserved the boos because he was shooting too many quick
low-percentage shots, either from 3 point land before exploring better
alternatives, or pounding it stubbornly in against double-teams, and
not passing the ball much.

If the team hustles and makes an effort to play smart, unselfish,
high-percentage basketball, I'll cheer them on even if they're trailing
by 20 points every game.  If they show us lazy, selfish garbage, then
no matter what the score, I'll be right up there with the boo-birds.

Jon Mc