Re: Antoine

Michael Gooen <callmebogie@yahoo.com> said:

> I am THRILLED by the maturity and shot selection
> Antoine has demonstrated over the first two games (I
> believe the over the shoulder circus shot against
> Toronto came with the shot clock expiring).  He does

The shot clock may have been expiring, I'm not sure, but the
game definitely was into garbage time, as there was only about
a minute or two left in the game.  I think Antoine decided he
wanted to have some fun and drive to the hoop, but the defensive
player made a good play to get in position and Antoine was in
mid-air so he had to get rid of the ball.  He has a bad habit of
turning his back to the basket when faced with the threat of a
blocked shot, so he either has to make a desperation pass, or
throw it up over his head, which is what he did in this case.
He should have a couple people in mind to pass to whenever he
drives to the basket, but in this garbage time play he didn't.

I hope Pitino takes him out during garbage time so he won't fall
back into those bad habits.

Jon Mc