Mixed nuts

A mélange of thoughts after catching up on a weekend's worth of digests:

• This Wayne Turner thing shocks the sh-t out of me. I mean, how does this guy
go from "our point guard of the future" (Pitino's words) to the unemployment
line? Doug Overton is terrible and has never been a pass-first point guard. I
thought Turner did a good job running the press?? IMO, the last thing we need
is another guy looking to score points.

• Has anybody besides me noticed that Walker has shot NO free throws in the
past two games?? Zero, zilch, nada. Pitino needs to get onto the refs about
this.

• Overall, I have to feel pretty good about the C's. You would expect them to
struggle against Indy; and when a team shoots better than 50% and scores more
than 100 points, it's hard to criticize them. I will say, though, that we were
bound to lose a game sooner or later by allowing as many points as we have;
have we held anybody to under 100? We won't always be able to outscore the
opposition, we need to get back to clamp-down defense.

Pitino is doing a pretty good job doling out the PT, IMO. I was baffled that
Eric Williams got so few minutes against Charlote, so Rick came right back in
teh next game and played Williams for 23. That will keep players happy,
hopefully, and also let us continue our streak of having at least 1 guy per
game besides Walker or Pierce step up to help win a game.

The Detoit game looms large. If we are to continue our winning ways, we need
to beat a struggling team on our home court on 4 days rest. Otherwise, the
first three games look like a fluke.