Atlanta (was Re: Charlotte)

----- Original Message -----
From: <opi@unesco.org>
To: Dan Forant Sr <dforant1@nycap.rr.com>; <Celtics@igtc.com>
Sent: Friday, November 05, 1999 5:38 AM
Subject: Re: Charlotte

> snip

> grueling stretch against

> Atlanta

Not to worry, Joe.  I just saw our home opener last night.  The Hawks won't
gel until early 2000 at the earliest.  There are simply too many new faces
out there.  I think some of them only knew their teammates' names from the
pregame introductions.  No cohesive offense or defense and turnovers galore.
Dikembe overran poor little Jason Terry on a break and nearly stamped him
into the floor.  The C's will take them easily this month but the March game
should be more competitive.

I still think the changes needed to be made.  The stagnant Mookie/Smitty
walk it up and hoist a trey team was never going anywhere.  Time will tell
if this younger, more athletic crew will pan out.  At least the new arena is
damn cool.

<sarcasm mode on>

I'm really excited about this season because JR Rider addressed the fans
before the game stating, "Don't worry about what the press says cuz I'm
BRINGIN' it this year!"  Golly, I believe him.

<sarcasm mode off>

Tim

P.S. Rider gets even fewer calls than Antoine. (surprise surprise)