Pippen

> Seen a Pippen game lately? He hasn't done sweet F' all without MJ. The
> only thing he did without him on the Bulls was whine- I'd rather have a
> team of Pervis Ellison's than have one Scottie Pippen on the Celtics.

He led his team to 55 wins in the regular season and the playoffs while
making his teammates better. This is a lot more than the vast majority of
the players in this league have done, let alone Pervis Ellison. People
always seem to disregard this as "nothing" but as I've said before, if
this is your standard, only Jordan and Olajuwon have done "anything".

> Pippen will never ever be a star player, he is a great second option to
> one of the greatest ever, but puh-lease we dont need his whiney,
> overrated arse on the Celtics- GIVE ME MASHBURN INSTEAD OF PIPPEN ANY
> DAY OF THE WEEK...

I tend to think that those who think that Pippen has been an overrated
player throughout his career do so because they can't appreciate his
defensive effectiveness. Pippen was a great example of a player who didn't
need to score loads of points to have a big effect on the game, i.e. the
type of player we hope Walker will develop into.

Alex