RE: Holley On WEEI & More Pitino

> Pippin is a great offensive and defensive player,
> selfless and a proven performer on the highest level.
> he might not be a good fit for the celtics, but he is
> one of the top five players in the game.

Really? Don't get me wrong, Pippen is a *very* good player but is he one of
the top five? He is, almost undoubtably, one of the top 5 defensive players
but his year with the Rockets really brings out his offensive deficiencies.
Pippen is a decent three point shooter and incredible open court finisher,
but watching Pippen I always see an unfinished player. Pippen is hardly a
superstar at creating his own shot in the half court(one might respond that
Barkeley and Hakeem had a lot to do with that, but I think the triangle gave
Scottie the opportuinities to get to the basket that he couldn't create for
himself) nor is he a good post player. His intangibles too, detract from his
abilities as a player. He hasn't done much for the perception that he's a
whiner this year with his persistant bickering with the coaching staff.
	Criticism aside, Pippen is still the ultimate player for Pitino's system.
Other than his presumed inability to get along with Pitino, no player could
offer the combination of ball and lane pressure, size, strength and
finishing ability that Pippen has. Couple that with his passable three point
shot and you have a dominating player, perhaps an MVP. That aside, I don't
want him. I can just imagine the fights between him and Walker(as much as I
love Antoine, how well does anyone think Antoine would get along with
another strong personality?). I can also imagine the recriminations after
every loss; I doubt anything would ever be Scottie's fault.

>Oh, and by
> the way, you are one of the biggest assholes I've ever
> encountered on the net -- which is saying something.

Mail filters are a wonderful invention. Although I found your attachment of
his post very amusing.

Noah