Re: Bird leaving

If this is Bird's last year, then by all means I'm rooting for the
Pacemakers to win the championship (ideally against the Fakers).

BTW, although KC Jones kind of bailed on the Celts just before they
tanked (this is not a criticism of him), I think Indy still has a few
prime years ahead. Reggie Miller is the type of player that can play a
long time (like Dale Ellis) because he doesn't depend on his diminished
jumping or speed (he rarely drives). Also, the Davis boys probably will
get a little better before they start getting worse, and Smits is
finally getting excellent medical attention, through Bird's former
doctor. I don't know. Maybe they'll decline next year and maybe they
won't. No question, Larry Bird would be my first choice as Celtics coach
down the road, once he gets bored in French Lick.

Go Larry!