Re: Grizzlies like Davis

> I heard on ESPN International that Baron Davis is really liked by the
> Grizzlies front office and they said to expect that he will be their
> draft choice if he is available when they pick or if they luck out with
> the #1 pick they will take him.
>
> What does this mean?

Is ESPN International a reputable source? I seem to remember quite a
few silly rumors from that source.

> It means that the Griz look set to start their 3rd rookie point guard in
> a row and that Mike Bibby may well be available to be traded.
>
> Do the Celtics want Bibby a possible future All-Star point guard, known
> as Jason Kidd with a jump shot?

Bibby has had a decent rookie season for an awful team; that doesn't warrant
any sort of Jason Kidd comparison, let alone this favorable one.

> I say offer the Grizzlies this package
>
> Dana Barros and Tony Battie for Bibby and a future first rounder
>
> Dana Barros would provide the Griz a leader in the back court to help
> teach Baron. They would also get Tony Battie to help block shots in the
> front court.

I don't think any team is going to be trading for Dana Barros with the
idea that he is going to teach their point guard of the future. Barros
has barely learned how to play the position himself.

Alex