Grizzlies like Davis

Hey all,

I heard on ESPN International that Baron Davis is really liked by the
Grizzlies front office and they said to expect that he will be their
draft choice if he is available when they pick or if they luck out with
the #1 pick they will take him.

What does this mean?

It means that the Griz look set to start their 3rd rookie point guard in
a row and that Mike Bibby may well be available to be traded.

Do the Celtics want Bibby a possible future All-Star point guard, known
as Jason Kidd with a jump shot?

If the answer is yes then what do we give up for Bibby?

Look at the Grizzlies lineup without free agents (including Baron Davis)

Center - Bryant Reeves - Tony Massenburg - Cherokee Parks
Power Forward - Michael Smith
Small Forward - Shareef Abdur-Rahim - Doug West
Shooting Guard - Felipe Lopez -  Rodrick Rhodes
Point Guard - Baron Davis - Mike Bibby - Lee Mayberry

I say offer the Grizzlies this package

Dana Barros and Tony Battie for Bibby and a future first rounder

Dana Barros would provide the Griz a leader in the back court to help
teach Baron. They would also get Tony Battie to help block shots in the
front court.

What do you think??

Warwick