Re: Celtics To Have Five Kentucky Players On The Team Next Season?

>From: Way Of The Ray <wayray@ix.netcom.com>
>
>Not out of the realm of possibility.
>
>   With Miami's apparent early exit
>from the playoffs, look for the possibility of Mercer being dealt in
>a package deal for PJ Brown -- NBA All Defensive Team - 2nd Unit --
>and Jamaal Mashburn.  Personally, I think Mashburn will be okay as
>a scorer coming off the bench and Brown gives the C's what they need.

Certainly more palatable than the Walker for Mashburn stuff of last year.
Does Battie go in this deal too?  I have to think it would take more than
Mercer and baggage to get these two.  PJ's an upgrade on Battie, yes?  And
Mercer hasn't proven he'll be any better than Mashburn, in my mind.  Is
Riley desperate to ship Mash in the same way West had to ship Campbell?  Why
is PJ always mentioned in these trades?  I'd think Riley would want to keep
him.

>   From the draft we await the arrival of Wayne Turner to soup up the
>C's defensive presence at the point guard spot.
>
>   Free agency will bequeath upon the Green Team the veteran presence
>of Tony Delk who will sign for the $2 million exception.
>
>   The Fleet Center is about to be transformed into My Olde Kentucky
>Home.
>                                  Ray

Delk AND Turner?  Isn't either one of these guys enough?