Re: DeCourcy (TSN): Baron Davis Should Be The First Pick In The Draft

>From: Way Of The Ray <wayray@ix.netcom.com>

>It's nice having a big time point guard; I'm sure Philly and Sacramento
>echo these sentiments.
>Ray

But then those echoes would be falling on deaf ears in Seattle and
Washington, and soon to be Miami for that matter.  Besides which, I would
hardly call Jason Williams "big time" just yet and Philly only started
playing well when Iverson was moved to off guard.  Now look at the other
side of the coin and see San Antonio doing well.

I agree that point guard is a very important position on a basketball team,
but teams can win in different ways to make use of different kinds of
points.  Just like in the '80s with Magic being the show in LA, DJ was
really just a solid player who didn't make many mistakes.  Sort of like
Harper with the Bulls.

Bottom line?  If the team as a whole comes together well, Anderson has more
than enough talent to take this team forward.  He'll also need desire and
commitment, which are bigger questions for him.  Are there better players
available?  Probably.  I haven't seen enough of Bibby or the college guys to
give an opinion, but I'll take your word that they're better than Anderson.
Problem is that if you keep changing half the team every year, it won't
matter who you bring in, the team will never develop.

Jim