Re: Informal survey: two questions

>From: "Peter G. Toner" <Peter.Toner@anu.edu.au>

>Issue #1: To trade or not to trade...

Trade only if Mercer's contract forces the issue.  I'm not sure I'd want to
lose Battie just to keep Mercer.  Especially whe you should be able to get
reasonable value in exchange for Mercer.  First choice would be to sign them
both, though.

>Issue #2: The Potapenko trade...

This trade now gets the official Jimbomatic seal of approval.  I had hoped
that you could do better for what the C's gave up, but I guess there really
aren't many true centers around.  By the way, a big part of making that
trade was that DeClerq was signed to a long term, low dollar contract.
People who like the trade should be giving Pitino credit for that.