Re: Barros/Bucks

This is all true.  You've got KA and his contract.  You could trade him for
another point, but you'd have to take cap trash to do that.  You could
package him with Mercer and get a couple of decent players, but you're
giving up a couple of decent players.  I've got to believe it's better to
keep Kenny, but push him like hell to get in shape and pick up a young point
somewhere down the road for the future.  There's just no way that Kenny
isn't good enough to get this team to the playoffs.  If Pitino can't get
Kenny, Mercer, Pierce, Walker and Potapenko to play well together, why would
you expect him to do better with Charlie Ward and Marcus Camby (or
whomever)?  Before you answer, I know you don't expect him to, Paul.  So,
why move the players?  It's time to settle down and play the team that
Pitino has built.  If they suck next year, I'm sure you won't be the only
one asking for Pitino's head.

One more thought.  I think Pitino needs to start playing reserve players
more consistently.  I mean, he's had 2 years to decide whether he prefers
Greg Minor to Bruce Bowen.  I know they have different skills, but pick the
one that's better, and play him over the other guy.  Who's better, Riley or
Schinzius?  I don't know, but pick one and stay with him for a couple of
weeks.  This team plays 12 guys, and it doesn't help their consistancy at
all.

Jim

>From: damekmo@teleport.com

Now...a lot of people on this list seem to think that it'll be easy to