Happy anniversary

Paul M. wrote: >I
>think we're in for a multi-player/multi-team blockbuster that really shakes
>this roster up.

I think this would be a catastrophe. We will rue the day we let Ron Mercer go.
It amazes me that people are so cavalier about moving him, as though we have
an equivalent talent at two guard just waiting in the wings. People seem to
think that just because someone is good at the 3 means he naturally can be
swung to the 2 without missing a beat. There are many different skill sets to
playing the 2 guard that I don't know Paul Pierce has, or at least that I
doubt he can execute as well.

Jesus -- Larry Johnson, Rodney Rogers, Lorenzen Wright ... What have any of
those guys won? Will you folks LOOK at the teams that keep making these
"multi-player/multi-team blockbusters?" How about the Knicks? The Suns? Pat
Riley failed in his efforts to "shake his roster up" this season, and look
where it got him: with a veteran core of players who are jelling at the right time.

I would join those who say that instead of trading either Mercer or Pierce,
make one of them a 6th man elite, a la Hondo. IMO, Pierce's overall skills
would render him best suited for that position. Unfortunately, as we all know
by now, that ain't gonna happen. That could be a function of the team's youth
-- see my last post, re: the veterans on the Bucks' bench who are content, if
not happy, to come off the bench and help the team win. It's too bad the young
Celtics seem averse to that idea, considering what I heard on the radio this
morning: 31 years ago today, the Boston Celtics beat the L.A. Lakers to win
the NBA championship, and some guy named Havlicek scored 40 points. Happy anniversary.