Kenny the culprit (was Wow)

I disagree.  I think the culprit is Kenny.  Reasons:

1)  I don't think Pitino would attack someone as young
as Pierce in that way.  It strikes me as something a
man like Pitino would only do to an equal.

2)  Pierce is far too good to give up on yet, and has
too little experience in the league to be really angry
at.  Also, Pierce doesn't strike me as a liar, even if
he is a little soft at times.

3)  One of the remarks one of the players made to
Holley was that "no team in the league" has to live
with bed checks.  How would Pierce know that?  A
well-traveled veteran like Kenny would, however.

4)  Pierce clearly cares a lot about basketball.
"People are aren't passionate about the game of
basketball" don't cry after losing a game.  The
statement about "if I get my points I will play defense
from last week" seems more applicable to Kenny as
well.

5)  Holley has said on the radio that Anderson would be
the one to go.

I think that Pitino is realizing he made a mistake in
dressing down Pierce.  As Red Auerbach used to say,
"it's not what you say, it's what they hear."  Probably
he didn't blame Pierce for losing the game, but that's
how the kid took it.  I think Pierce probably also has
high expectations for himself, and missing shots, etc.
are upsetting deeply to him.

--- j.hironaka@unesco.org wrote:
> I agree, man, that was just a fascinating article. I
> think Pitino will
> live to regret letting his glib tongue slip, since
> the player he's
> talking about is sure to get wind of it and tank the
> season (only
> Mercer/Master P has a new contract to worry about).
> can't believe he
> told a reporter that, and in that way!  "Wow" is
> right.
>
> My take is that the signs surely suggest either
Kenny
> or Pierce. It
> could be Kenny, although the cowardly lion rant
seems
> to point more to
> the Pierce incident that started this month. Right
> now, Pitino might
> feel he'd have the same losing record starting
Dontae
> Jones in place of
> Pierce, since their games have suddenly become so
> similar. This is
> speculation in the purest most moot form, but I
think
> that (right or
> wrong) Pierce will get dangled in July to Wayne
Embry
> for say a Derrick
> Anderson and either the return of our first pick or
> Wes Person. If the
> March trade deadline had been a week later, he might
> already have been
> long gone (for more value in return than we'd get at
> present).
>
> I've got to run. Count me in as someone who'd like
> hear more views on
> this from you all. I haven't seen enough of Pierce
> condemn him, and
> don't wish to give the impression that I am.
>
> Joe
>
> ****
>
> Josh Ozersky wrote:
>
> > Did you see Holley's story in the globe?  This is
> > really amazing to me.  Who is the "coward?"
Kenny?