Re: Wow

I agree, man, that was just a fascinating article. I think Pitino will
live to regret letting his glib tongue slip, since the player he's
talking about is sure to get wind of it and tank the season (only
Mercer/Master P has a new contract to worry about). I can't believe he
told a reporter that, and in that way!  "Wow" is right.

My take is that the signs surely suggest either Kenny or Pierce. It
could be Kenny, although the cowardly lion rant seems to point more to
the Pierce incident that started this month. Right now, Pitino might
feel he'd have the same losing record starting Dontae Jones in place of
Pierce, since their games have suddenly become so similar. This is
speculation in the purest most moot form, but I think that (right or
wrong) Pierce will get dangled in July to Wayne Embry for say a Derrick
Anderson and either the return of our first pick or Wes Person. If the
March trade deadline had been a week later, he might already have been
long gone (for more value in return than we'd get at present).

I've got to run. Count me in as someone who'd like to hear more views on
this from you all. I haven't seen enough of Pierce to condemn him, and
don't wish to give the impression that I am.

Joe

****