Re: what to do

I've thought about what veterans are available, and the
more I think about it, the one trade that seems to make
sense to me is:

Kenny Anderson and Ron Mercer for
Scottie Pippin and (cap filler)

Anderson and Mercer are natural half court players who
would infuse the Rockets with the backcourt talent they
have lacked since Drexler retired.  And Pippin could
bring the ball up for us (thus avoiding the need for a
true offensive PG) as well as being our defensive
stopper and go to guy for now.

--- Mark Berry  wrote:
> Boy, am I disappointed.
>
> I really expected more this season, and I never
> expected what I'm seeing: A
> total collapse.
>
> I don't know what troubles me more, the current
> state, or the bleak prospects
> for improvement by next season. I know Pitino is
> promising playoffs, but how?
>
> If we trade Walker coming off this season, his value
> may be at an all-time low.
> And I don't want anymore No. 1 picks. I want
> veterans. Maybe that Walker for
> Rasheed Wallace or Brian Grant deal would still be
on
> the table?
>
> Pierce, you would think, would be untouchable. But
he
> certainly hasn't shown yet
> that he's capable of being the consistent force that
> Walker (current struggles
> excepted) has been.
>
> I've said all along that Mercer is expendable, but
he
> clearly has the least
> value of the "big three". Frontcourt players are
more
> valuable commoditites in
> the league.
>
> Anderson, it seems, is gone, but who will play the
> point? Look around the league
> and there are just a handful of good point guards
out