what to do

Boy, am I disappointed.

I really expected more this season, and I never expected what I'm seeing: A
total collapse.

I don't know what troubles me more, the current state, or the bleak prospects
for improvement by next season. I know Pitino is promising playoffs, but how?

If we trade Walker coming off this season, his value may be at an all-time low.
And I don't want anymore No. 1 picks. I want veterans. Maybe that Walker for
Rasheed Wallace or Brian Grant deal would still be on the table?

Pierce, you would think, would be untouchable. But he certainly hasn't shown yet
that he's capable of being the consistent force that Walker (current struggles
excepted) has been.

I've said all along that Mercer is expendable, but he clearly has the least
value of the "big three". Frontcourt players are more valuable commoditites in
the league.

Anderson, it seems, is gone, but who will play the point? Look around the league
and there are just a handful of good point guards out there. The teams that have
them don't want to give them up. I've lusted for Jason Kidd since he came in the
league, but he'll be a Phoenix lifer.

I don't know. I'm so discouraged. The only thing keeping my spirits up these
days is my beloved Ohio State Buckeyes. Can't thank you Bostonians enough for
Jim O'Brien and Scoonie Penn.

Mark