Re: Proposal

Josh Ozersky wrote:

> Yeah, here's my comment:  cut it out.

And here's my comment to your comment: don't you tell us what to do! Yesterday
you were calling Kenny a "cancer" and insinuating that Paul Pierce was a
selfish whiner; today you adopt a holier-than-thou attitude and are calling
everyone who doesn't share your love for Pitino a Sixer fan and a schmuck.

> I don't like
> this wallowing in hatred routine, I don't like the wild
> accusations, I don't like guys turning on the team.

You don't like it? Well, too bad! Do you think this list is reserved for your
rants and not anyone else's? I don't necessarily agree with heckling our team,
or booing Antoine for every missed shot (although I'd boo him for his
brilliant remark calling the fans "unprofessional"). But we, as paying
customers, have every right to express our dissatisfaction in any lawful way
we please.

> This is your team.  The coach knows what's wrong, the
> players know what's wrong.

Oh, really? Yesterday you said Pitino was "as mystified and angry and freaked
out by this as we are."  When did he find out what's wrong? In the post-game
press conference last night he was still repeating the same cliched excuses.

> You go out there and guard
> Kevin Garnett or Shawn Kemp or even Toni Kukoc.

I may not be able to guard Marlon "Where-did-the ball-go?" Garnett, never mind
Kevin, but I would at least TRY, which lately can't be said of most of our
players. And if they refuse to try, why are they out there? I thought our
Infallible Leader was going to put an end to that. Instead they called his bluff.

> Every
> shmuck who ever made a half-assed rant against Pitino
> now thinks his sage observations have borne fruit.

It's very easy to call someone's opinion "a half-assed rant" or "insane". It's
more difficult to actually *substantiate* your critical assessment of the
opinion with arguments of your own, and you typically avoid this chore like
the plague (e.g., dismissing Boston Sports Guy's column as "specious"  without
bothering to provide a single counterargument.)

> THIS IS YOUR TEAM.  If you want to heckle them you are
> no better than Laker fans, or not even as good as Laker
> fans.  You are Sixer fans.  Count me out of that.

Why can't they be heckled? Must we unconditionally accept the inerrancy of any
Celtic player or coach to be considered Celtics fans? I thought the Celts were
paying Mike & Tommy to do that. Maybe that's the "professional" fandom Walker
was clamoring for?