Re: Does anybody have Phil Jackson's phone number?

damekmo@teleport.com wrote:
> In fact, I'll be honest...I hope
> Pierce, Walker and Mercer get as far away from this guy as possible, go
> play for a real NBA coach...and all three can have great careers.
> Look...even Mercer is worse this year. He was miserable tonight. And you
> know what, if he's smart, he doesn't re-sign and "he" goes to play for the
> Bulls. Please...there's no way a well coached team can go from the Chicago
> game and the very next night...stink it up again! And guys....PITINO IS
> SUPPOSED TO BE MR. DEFENSE. HE CONCENTRATES ON TEACHING DEFENSE. His
> defense is absolutely non-existent...and please...this is not an NBA
> offense and IT'S NOT ALL HIS PLAYERS' FAULT.

I don't usually do "me too" posts, but this is right on the money. I just
(naively) hope that Pitino does the "getting away" part, and not the New Big
Three.

> Hey Gaston...(Now there's a name we haven't seen on
> this list in a long time.)..fire Pitino, eat his contract, and hire Phil
> Jackson.

Or Cowens. Or just about any decent *NBA* coach. Unfortunately, I don't think
Gaston will eat 36 mil., or however much remains of Pitino's contract, and
then pay at least 5 mil./year more to hire a good NBA coach.