Re: drumbeats

RSMALL@clarku.edu wrote:
>When he stays on
>the blocks he is more effective.  He needs to learn some fakes, and continue
>to develop that little baby hook.  This would be a very effective weapon.

Perhaps part of the problem here is, do we have anyone on the coaching staff
ho can teach these skills? I mean, I still think Pitino is one of the best
coaches in the game, but he is not going to be able to tutor post moves one on
one. Is Les Conner able to??? I was thinking this after watching Don Casey
take over the Nets and start kicking their butts into shape. Don screamed at
them during a timeout that he would not permit them to mail in the season. It
made me think, "I wish we still had one of the assistants from the Celtic
glory days." The most likely candidate would be Big Red, but I think his
assistant-coach days are over. Pitino seems to be more focused on teaching the
"system" and not the underlying fundamental skills.