re: playing favorites

I think you raise some good points here. Pitino just does not seem to be one
of those coaches who'll "ride" the hot player, or try different things if Plan
A isn't working (eg not posting up Pierce more often, as someone else
suggested). My boss (a Kentucky native) and I were talking about this
yesterday in the context of the Wildcats' loss in the NCAA tourney: Heshimu
Evans came out of the gate on fire, scored something like the team's first 9
points and had 12 midway through the first half, but didn't score again the
rest of the way. My boss commented, "It's this Pitino and Tubby Smith thing.
Everybody gets the same number of minutes regardless of whether they're hot or cold."