Re: Where did Paul Pierce go?

I have no doubt we'd see plenty of bread & butter plays on offense, with
improvement through repetition game after game. I know basketball is far
more complicated then that, but Bird and DJ were running the same set plays
every game, just as Malone and Stockton do now.

I heard Heinsohn say once that during the Russell years, the Celtics had
just six plays, each with four options, that they ran over and over again.
They executed them so well, they almost always worked.